1. Log into your cPanel account.
2. In the Software section, open the app installer by clicking on the Softaculous App Installer Icon.
3. You will be redirected to the Softaculous Panel.
4. On the left sidebar, find the Forums category. Clink on this followed by a click on the bbPress that will appear under this category.
5. Click on the Install button.
6. You then have to fill the mandatory fields under the Software Setup field:
- Choose Installation URL: Choose the appropriate protocol/domain. Inside the “In Directory” field, should you want to install this in a directory, i.e., hostnali.co.ke/directory, enter the directory name. Otherwise, leave it blank to install in your main domain, i.e., hostnali.co.ke.
7. Specify the details using this guide in the Site Settings field:
- Site Name: Name of the forum.
- Site Description: Site Description.
- Enable Multisite (WPMU): Leave this as it is.
8. Under the Admin Account field, fill in the information following this guide:
- Admin Username: Your new bbPress username (for security reasons never use Admin or Administrator as your username.)
- Admin Password: Use a strong password.
- Admin Email: Your e-mail address. (Useful for administrator account password reset, notification, etc.)
Note: You need to remember the username and the password because you will need these login details to access the admin area of your bbPress Forum.
9. Select Plugin(s): You can skip this or select plugins you wish to install.
10. Advanced Options: Leave this as default unless you really want to alter the database name or configure automated backups. Please kindly keep in mind that frequent backups eat up your disk space.
Finally, scroll down to the end of the page and click on the Install button.