Welcome once again to Hostnali Webhost, a Simple, Secure & Dependable hosting provider. We have optimized hosting plans, Reseller Hosting Plans, Master Reseller plans, VPS servers as well as Dedicated servers. Today, however, we will be focusing on [page_title]. Read on and get the knowledge and skills to make your Web Hosting experience fun.
A mail exchanger record (MX record) is a type of resource record in the Domain Name System that specifies a mail server responsible for accepting email messages. You can add an MX Record using the cPanel’s Zone Editor option.
1. Log into your cPanel account. (e.g., www.hostnali.co.ke/cPanel )
2. In the Domains section, open the app installer by clicking on the Zone Editor icon.
3. Under Domains, you can see many options below the Actions text.
4. Click on the MX Record, and a small window will open. Please enter the required details in it.
Priority: The MX record you use for mail routing should have the lowest preference number, typically 0. You can use 0 for your mail routing record, and 10 for the record validating that you own your domain.
Destination: Enter the domain name of your Mail Exchange. If you use an external mail server, enter the domain name of the external mail server. Alternatively, if you use a local mail server, enter your local domain.
5. Now click the Add an MX Record button.
If the record is added successfully, you will see a success message.
Note: DNS Record changes can take 12 to 24hours to propagate worldwide.